Euro Asia Civil Engineering Forum (EACEF) was founded in 2006 in Stuttgart – Germany. The founders of EACEF are Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harianto Hardjasaputra, Professor of Universitas Pelita Harapan – Indonesia, and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Karl-Heinz Reineck, Senior Lecturer of University of Stuttgart-Germany. Both of them would like to further their many years of cooperation to their international colleagues (especially those from Europe and Asia) through EACEF. EACEF is a forum to promote the cooperation and understanding between European and Asian countries, focusing on Civil Engineering expertise. EACEF will play an important role as the bridge between these two continents, to link European and Asian Civil Engineers, especially those with a commitment to sustainable development and environmental friendly buildings.
The main objectives of EACEF are outlined below:
- To be a forum of exchange between engineers and academics from Europe and Asia which have different experiences in research, practice, and standards.
- Hold biannually an International Conference either in Asia or Europe.
- Promote international collaboration on sustainable building, green technology, and green construction with respect to global warming.
- Publicise the outstanding works of engineers and/or architects through exhibitions, workshops, and seminars held either in Europe or Asia.
- Publish an international Journal (in future)
Scope of Expertise
Civil Engineering covers a wide range of disciplines and expertise. Therefore, the committee would like to highlight contributions to its objectives from any of the groups below:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Materials in Civil Engineering
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Infrastructure (Transportation, Sanitation, and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Management